Thursday, June 15, 2006

OKAY! I'm embarrassed that I could not remember my sign-in name. My daughter says that I don't deserve to blog because I am techno-challenged. I admit that I used to have my assistant download all the photos from the digital camers in the office, but I have actually learned how to do it myself. I just don't remember where they are.

But there are a lot of things I do know how to do that she doesn't. I have a pair of her pants she gave me...but she doesn't want me to hem them for her...she says she doesn't trust me. Well, do I pay $15 to have someone do it, or should I just do it and not tell her. If she's reading this she'll never know.

Tonight was the last time my church choir was singing (I am an alto) until September. So I had to leave work early for rehearsal at 5:30. Tonight was Corpus Christie. I've been a card-carrying Episcopalian all my life and I have no idea of the significance of that service. So I walked to Bloomies to get the R and changed at 42nd Street to the 2. I got a little distracted because there was a guy playing acousitc guitar where Susan Cagle (Subway Recordings) usually stands on Sunday mornings. I walked past him and then I thought "this guy can sing AND play guitar. I'll ask him if he has a band." Well I did, and he does, but I gave him my card in case he needed a violin/fiddle player. So I get on the 2 and as the train is leaving this guy, probably about 65 in those dark blue work clothes, sits down in a hurry next to me. There were plenty of seats. And I was minding my own business. So he asks me in Italian if I am Italian. Here's the funny part... I answer out of the corner of my mouth "AMERICANO" . Now where the hell did I get that! So then he asks me (remember I am NOT looking at this guy who is kind a red-faced) in English what my name is. I just smiled and grunted and looked in the opposite direction even harder. So he gets up at 34th Street to leave, and he says "good bye miss". I dutifully nod.

Okay...here's the thing. Part of me was a bit guilty about seeming rude. Part of me said who the hell was this guy just assuming that I would talk to him. I don't mind smiling inocuously but I don't like to randomly give out my name.

What is the moral of this story? Take better care of your dog's teeth so it doesn't cost you $1200.

Say goodnight, Gracie

1 Comments:

Blogger M said...

embarassed is not even the word...proud too...but mostly embarassed

9:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home